Utility Operator II
Leland, NC 28451 US
The Utility Operator is responsible for ensuring that drums, tanks, pails, and other containers are properly filled with the company product to ship to our customers. The Utility Operator is also responsible for moving the finished product within the plant in a safe and efficient manner, ensure that inventory is properly place, and good housekeeping and plant standards are upheld.
- Operate equipment such as air diaphragm pumps, valves, and other hand tools.
- Read scale and record findings
- Fill containers such as drums, totes, and pails
- Inspect, clean and prep containers for filling chemical products.
- Preparing and transferring raw materials and finished product
- Collecting samples of raw materials and finished product
- Properly label containers
- Comply with all safety and quality systems throughout the company as required.
- Perform and maintain daily housekeeping, maintaining a clean work environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- All job functions to be completed in compliance with federal, state, local regulations, company guidelines, and policies.
Education Level: High School Diploma or G.E.D
Preferred: 1 year in a manufacturing environment; forklift certified a plus
Knowledge, Skills, & Ability:
- Excellent verbal, written, and mathematical skills are required.
- Must be detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills in order to manage a continuous workflow in a high volume, multitasking environment.
- Ability to work with sufficient speed, accuracy, and attention to detail to perform job functions as required.
- Mathematical ability including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing work priorities.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Must be able to stand, bend, kneel, and walk frequently in an 8-12-hour day.
- Vision & Shoe protection is required on the manufacturing plant.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in a safe manner.
Required: Background Check, Drug Screen, and Health/Agility test.
Shifts are 12 hours, 7 pm-7 am, 4 days on. The first 4 weeks are training during the day shift 8 am - 4 pm...
Submit Resumes to: email@example.com
Schedule a call with me here..
Apply here for a job with one of our partner organizations!