Wilmington, NC 28451 US
General Statement of Duties:
Transport finished product and raw materials throughout the plant using a fork lift or other suitable material handling device. Also, perform visual inspections on any product staged for shipment.
Reports to: Production Supervisor
1) Responsible for performing inspection on fork lifts/clamp trucks daily and assess the safe operation and report any findings to their immediate supervisor.
2) Transport finished product from packaging stations to warehouse and place in designated storage area.
3) Transport production supplies and raw materials from their respective storage areas to packaging stations.
4) Select and pull finished goods from inventory and transport to loading dock for inspection and shipment.
5) Ensure that all finished product is stacked in the warehouse safely and securely and does not exceed the stacking limitations as designated by their immediate supervisor.
6) Stage material at loading dock for shipment as directed by immediate supervisor.
7) Perform a visual inspection of any and all finished product prior to loading on truck for shipment to customer. Any non-conforming product will be properly identified and segregated to prevent distribution to customer. Must notify immediate supervisor of any non- conforming product detected so that they may make proper disposition.
8) Ensure all customer owned property is properly maintained and to report any damage to stock immediately to supervisor.
9) Record any and all pertinent information on the Plant Order or other shipping documents to maintain product identification and traceability. Must be familiar with product number, description, and packaging codes.
10) Maintain a Quality Management System (QMS) in accordance with the requirements of ISO-9001:2015.
NOTE: The above job description does not limit any additional duties and/or responsibilities that may be assigned as needed. This description is to be used merely as a means of documenting that the person assigned these duties is fully aware of their responsibilities and that they possess the necessary skills to perform these duties. In the event employee is assigned other tasks outside the described position, proper training will be given for the required skills
Education Level: High School Diploma or G.E.D
Preferred: 1 year in a manufacturing environment; forklift certified
Knowledge, Skills, & Ability:
Must possess a certified forklift operator’s license in accordance with the OSHA standard.
Must be physically and mentally capable of operating a forklift/clamp truck in a safe and proficient manner.
Driving skills and abilities will be assessed after an on-the-job trial period.
Flexibility to adapt to changing work priorities.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Must be able to stand, bend, kneel, and walk frequently in an 8-12-hour day.
- Vision & Shoe protection is required in the manufacturing plant.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in a safe manner.
- Background Check,
- 2 forms of ID
Submit Resumes to: email@example.com
Schedule a call with me here..
Apply here for a job with one of our partner organizations!